Saturday, May 05, 2012

Cinco de Mayo!

Have no real idea what this occasion is but it was an excuse to celebrate something!

From Chloe's Kitchen, I made Mini Potato Skins Stuffed with Avocado Salsa. Soooo good! I've never had potato skins before so now I'm wondering what else I can stuff these puppies with! I loved her method of roasted the potatoes whole with olive oil and S&P then slicing, scooping and baking again. Ash devoured these! They were so festive! I only cheated a little bit since instead of making salsa fresca I used Farm Boy fresh salsa - so good!

From Eat, Drink and Be Vegan, I made Lime Sucker Coconut Pie without the coconut. As I tweeted to Dreena Burton...sweet Jesus! This was way good. I made the crust using the Graham Cracker recipe from the ppk, crumbled it and used the crust recipe from Vegan Pie in the Sky by my beloved Isa Chandra. Then I achieved something I have never been able to do...have agar that actually sets! And in just over an hour! This pie was so tasty - subbed vanilla rice milk and grapeseed oil for the coconut although I'm sure it tastes even better with the coconut...one day I hope I can make it the real way! One month today until the next allergy test so we will see! Anyways, back to the pie...I topped with fresh raspberries and served with Chloe's raspberry sauce. Soooo good!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

No comments: